Welcome to Mondo Samu - Questions and Answers about my self-work.

Mondō: "questions and answers"; a recorded collection of dialogues between a pupil and teacher.
Samu: Work service; meditation in work.

Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Change the World, with Your Own Two Hands

On my way to vote this morning, I took a few minutes at the voting location to have a brief mindful walk and think about the items and positions up for a vote.  Afterward, as I waited in line to vote, I listened to some music on my iPhone to keep from overhearing people talking about politics. One of my least favorite things about voting is having to listen to people in line argue about politics.


Anyhow, I was listening to one of my favorite artists, Ben Harper, and a song came on from the Diamonds on the Inside album called With My Own Two Hands, or sometimes known as just Two Hands.

As I listened, and being in the frame of mind for voting as well as having spent some time doing my Tai Chi and meditating and all, the words of the song had a particular sense of meaning to me today.  I've always loved this song, but I really saw deeply in to the lyrics today and it occurred to me that they represent a pretty good summation of how to live life.  Here's the lyrics for you to enjoy, and I would invite you to check out the song if you really want a treat.

With My Own Two Hands by Ben Harper

i can change the world
with my own two hands
make a better place
with my own two hands
make a kinder place
with my own two hands
with my own
with my own two hands

i can make peace on earth
with my own two hands
i can clean up the earth
with my own two hands
i can reach out to you
with my own two hands
with my own
with my own two hands

i'm gonna make it a brighter place
i'm gonna make it a safer place
i'm gonna help the human race
with my own
with my own two hands

i can hold you
with my own two hands
i can comfort you
with my own two hands
but you got to use
use your own two hands
use your own
use your own two hands

with our own
with our own two hands
with my own
with my own two hands


In the lyrics of this one little song, lie great words of wisdom on how to help others, how to help yourself, help the Earth, deep reflection, great hope and an overall representation of Interbeing.

What a nice way to launch my day!
MondoSamu

No comments:

Post a Comment