Welcome to Mondo Samu - Questions and Answers about my self-work.

Mondō: "questions and answers"; a recorded collection of dialogues between a pupil and teacher.
Samu: Work service; meditation in work.

Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Unbelievable. And unbelievably sad.

Just read this story on CNN.

As a father of a four year old girl who's sole motivation for ever asking for McDonald's is the toy she gets, this story is very, very sad to me.

This stuff keeps building up, and at some point somethings gotta give.  We can't, as a culture, continue to support fast food as it is today.  There are scores of fast food joints within a mile of me, but the nearest vegetarian restaurant is 15 miles away.

Like everything in free enterprise, it's all about supply and demand.  While the things these corporations do are not great, the bottom line is that as long as we line up and place our orders for crap food loaded with salt and sugar, and little to no nutritional value, they will keep right on selling it to us.

WE have to stop eating it, then the problem WILL go away.

Sorry...I tend to keep things positive around here, but this story really irked me, as I just finished reading a book related to this.  I'll post a review soon.

We now resume our regular positive programming!
MondoSamu

No comments:

Post a Comment