Welcome to Mondo Samu - Questions and Answers about my self-work.

Mondō: "questions and answers"; a recorded collection of dialogues between a pupil and teacher.
Samu: Work service; meditation in work.

Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

THE PLAN!

Weight Loss & Life Improvement Plan - Simple Version

1) Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life

That's it!  The short "one-size-fits-all" version of my plan is: read the Savor book, and apply it to your life in whatever ways work for your personal situation.

Too easy?  Not enough info?  Ok...

If you want to know specifics about MY personal plan, here's a little more detail:

Weight Loss & Life Improvement Plan - The Whole Deal (my personal plan)

1) Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life

2) MY MORNING ROUTINE:





3) MY EVENING ROUTINE:




  • Walking

Throughout my day, I utilize a lot of the Savor's Mindfulness techniques to eat right and stay in the present moment.

At night, I usually go for a walk before dinner.  I either walk in the park, or our neighborhood.  If it's in our neighborhood, I walk half the distance I intend to walk in one direction away from our house.  That way, I'm not tempted to stop when I pass by, or close to, our house.  I usually walk 2 miles, and I use my iPhone as a pedometer.  When I'm done I log my exercise in the iPhone and call it a day.

Those are the only things I am doing, and I have lost 45 pounds in less than 3 months!

That is literally all there is to it (so far)!

If it sounds simple, it's because it is!

In following posts, I will review each of the apps mentioned, as well as several others, and provide links to them, as well as a little description of how I use them or why.  But the first step - for me - begins with the book.  My next post will focus on my thoughts on the book, and why it's so great.

Savor!
MondoSamu

No comments:

Post a Comment