Welcome to Mondo Samu - Questions and Answers about my self-work.

Mondō: "questions and answers"; a recorded collection of dialogues between a pupil and teacher.
Samu: Work service; meditation in work.

Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blue Skies and Sunshine!

What an incredible day!
Blue Skies and Sunshine!

 I have written a lot about my practice of using mindfulness in less than pleasant situations, such as airports and hotel rooms and even bathrooms, to enjoy myself and be in the present moment.  Typically this is when events like bad weather or surroundings prevented me from walking in the park. This has always worked well for me, and I use it all the time.

Recently, I have been using it a lot for my daily mindful walking meditation practice. With winter, cold, rain and snow, it has been difficult to sometimes even painful to find a time and place for my walks.

Today, in Georgia, it is in the sixties and BEAUTIFUL!!! I took the opportunity to hit the local park I like to walk in. It was so very beautiful and enjoyable, and I was really struck by the massive difference it made in my enjoyment of the walk!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my walking every time regardless of where it is, but being back in the park surrounded by nature and beauty really made a good thing great!

I hope that you are experiencing great weather wherever you are, and in the absence of that, I hope you are finding your own joy in whatever conditions you are present in using mindfulness.

Have a great day!
MondoSamu

No comments:

Post a Comment